21 October 2007

Dodd Threatens to Filibuster Fisa Bill

Senator Chris Dodd is attempting to place a hold the Senate FISA renewal bill because it grants retroactive immunity to telephone companies their role in the Bush administration’s warrantless eavesdropping program. I can't believe more of our representatives haven't spoken out more quickly.

Oh yes...I guess I can.



Take a peak at Dodd’s FISA petition. My favorite line is his opener:

"The Military Commissions Act. Warrantless wiretapping. Shredding of Habeas Corpus. Torture. Extraordinary Rendition. Secret Prisons. No more."

"If the bill that ultimately reaches the Senate floor includes immunity and does not adequately protect the privacy of Americans, I will fight it vigorously with every tool at my disposal.”

Finally!!! Let's hope that Representative Stark & Senator Dodd's recent outspokenness is an indicator that more will be walking in and singing a bar of "Alice's Restaurant."


If the reference above escapes you, you can click here to hear Arlo sing "Alice's Restaurant".


No comments: