22 April 2008

Food Rationing in the U.S.?

Thought it couldn't happen here? Think again. Costco stores are rationing rice in California stores. Watch the video report from Mountainview, California here.

Not only is that a concern...they are rationing based on previous usage! You mean they have been tracking our purchases and that will affect how much food they will allow us to have in the future? If you are surprised by any of this, you should spend more time reading.



Representative Mike Conaway from Midland, TX is reputed to have

"I had a guy in the wheat industry tell me we may be rationing flour," said U.S. Rep. Mike Conaway, R-Midland, a member of the House Agriculture Committee. "We're going to get a wake-up call on increasing food prices." (Read story @ Houston Chronicle).

Hug a farmer!

2 comments:

Amber Pixie Shehan said...

I just linked to this post on my earth day post! Thanks for sharing this info, and have a happy day!

Erik said...

Ya. This is something that I've been watching this head our way for years. A great documentary to share with Newbies to the idea is "The Future of Food". Matter of fact, I think I'll blog it.

Much peace.