01 December 2008

20,000 Troops Inside U.S. by 2011

I have not been blogging on political or economic issues intentionally.  I felt this story was important enough to share.  I will try to post some art soon.

From MSNBC on November 30th:
(Photo courtesy of Stephen Chernin/Getty Images)

"The U.S. military expects to have 20,000 uniformed troops inside the United States by 2011 trained to help state and local officials respond to a nuclear terrorist attack or other domestic catastrophe, according to Pentagon officials."
Read the entire article here

The article, initially entitled, "20,000 Troops Iside U.S. by 2011" has been retitled (I don't know if MSNBC or the Washington Post is responsible).  The new, kinder, gentler propagandistic spin on the title is "Pentagon to Detail Troops to Bolster Domestic Security".
 

I find it interesting that the military has a different view of their duties. I spoke of the Army's 3rd Infantry Division's 1st Brigade Combat Team taking their place on American soil in this  article.  



1 comment:

Erik said...

We can hope.