11 December 2012

Ravi Shankar, Transitions at 92

The world has been forever-impacted by this talented, passionate, daring, loving spirit.  His music is considered by many, including me, a conduit.  The mathematical beauty of his music is inspirational and healing.

He introduced North America to Hindustani music; a true sitar virtuoso.  He is survived by his wife Sukanya and his daughters, Norah Jones (singer) & Anoushka Shankar Wright (sitarist) with her husband, Joe Wright; 3 grandchildren, and 4 great-grandchildren.  You can read a lovely obituary and tribute here.


When I did a news search on him, these were the first 3 healines to appear:




Ravi and his daughter, Anoushka:



George Harrison and Ravi during a sitar lesson:

 



I will always consider you in high regard, sir. Thank you for your contributions and your beauty. You will always have a special place in my life & my heart and the lives & hearts of many I know and don't know.

Namaste guru.

No comments: