20 September 2007

U.S. and Canadian Dollars are at Parity.



For the first time since 1976, the American and Canadian dollars are at parity. You can read about it in Business Week, they say:
"A lower dollar makes U.S. exports more competitive, which is good news for American manufacturers but spells rising prices for imports to the U.S. The dollar's decline also diminished the spending power of American tourists while attracting to the U.S. foreign visitors who seek cheaper accommodations and shopping."
Whew!!! I was so confused. I thought the dollar declining was a bad thing. I guess this will be a bang up year for the U.S. as the dollar is tanking against currencies around the world. Maybe the quarter million foreclosures this month will give us a boost, too. I'm glad we got that all worked out. I can sleep soundly now.

No comments: