01 January 2008

Take Ivy League Classes for Free!!!

I am so glad to have a positive "Truth & Beauty" report on the first day of the new year!!!

This is the type of thing that can change the world...

Through the magic of OpenCourseWare, you can now take classes from schools like Harvard, Yale, Johns Hopkins, MIT, Tufts, Columbia University, University of Massachusetts Boston, Michigan State, University of California Irvine, University of Notre Dame, Duke Law, Utah State University, Utah Valley State, and Wheelock College. All of these colleges are listed on the OpenSourceware Consortium site.
"The OpenCourseWare Consortium is a collaboration of more than 100 higher education institutions and associated organizations from around the world creating a broad and deep body of open educational content using a shared model. "


OpenCourseWare was initially an MIT project to put it's undergraduate and graduate-level courses on line for free. It is available to anyone around the world. You do not have to register, attend classes, or be graded. It's all there for free!!!

Of course, you won't get a grade or a degree this way. You do, however, have the ability to attend , Harvard Law, Harvard Medical, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, as well as universities around the world. This opens the door to many who would never have had access to this type of information and will allow for insights that were, previously, only afforded to those able attend classes and afford tuition.

As of November, 2007, there were over 1800 courses available as OpenCourseWare.

If there were just too many links to figure out where the primary OpenCourseWare site is, you can find it here.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!! Amazing!!!! I'm going to share this with all of my friends and relatives!!!

Anonymous said...

They say knowledge is power. What an amazing way to empower people who might not be able to move or (like me) afford that quality of education! This is a spectacular start for the new year!

Erik said...

Received permission to copy and paste an e-mail sent by Rebecca (Sicily) regarding this article:

"I found your story searching for beauty schools on line and your truth and beauty site with an article on schools I found. I thought it was a joke.

Thanks to God it is not a joke. Opencourseware will help my family and me and me friends. Thanks to God and thanks you.

I am troubled with english, do you know of Italian schools for this?"

Anonymous said...

Some days your blog depresses me, some days it makes me dance, some it makes me laugh. Today I cried tears of thankfulness that there are people who struggled to make this possible and people like you who are excited to share it.

My family has always been poor. I am the first that will graduate from university. My other sisters can't afford to go but want to learn. With this I can help them teach themselves and each other.

Each day I feel something different when I read your blog and each day I feel the same. Thankful for you.