13 April 2009

Lauren Beller - Texas Singer/Songwriter

This shot of Lauren Beller was taken at Coach Darrell K. Royal's Pickin' Party at Freddy Powers' place during SXSW

I had the honor of meeting this young artist and was impressed by her voice, her presence and her humility.  In the following, Lauren sings Merle Haggard at Merle's birthday bash.  Lauren is 9 years old in this video!



In the video below, Lauren receives 3rd place for her song, "Baby Don't You Cry" at the Austin Songwriter Group Awards.  She won this award at age 11; making her the youngest to receive such an award.


(October 2008)

Lauren is a singer/songwriter to keep your eyes on...actually, I suppose ears would be more appropriate.  We have not heard the last of this talented young lady.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! this is alex. i didnt know u wrote songs and got awards and stuff. this was even years ago! u r awesome. why didnt u tell me u r awesome!

Anonymous said...

hey this is alex. OMG!!!! i didnt know u wrote songs and got awards 4 them and stuff! u r awesome!!! why didnt u tell me! u r awesome !! :)

The Astral Cowboy said...

Hey Alex,

Unfortunately, Lauren won't get your message here. If I were still in Texas, I would try to get the message to her, but I'm in Canada. You can probably reach her and share this message on her youtube page. She's really quite amazing. You should ask her to perform for you.

If you have trouble locating her, let me know and I will do what I can to track her down from here.

meggiliz said...

I know her! She is my homeschool friend :)

meggiliz said...

omg! she is my friend, so I searched her name! We are homeschool friends...

Erik said...

Keep searching her name. She performs on a semi-regular basis and it's not something you would want to miss. She is an amazing young lady and her talent grows with each passing day.