05 December 2006

Mountain Hike in a Snow Globe


During my time in B.C. I had the opportunity to climb Mt. Rose Swanson. As we hiked, I was starting to question if my inner South Texan had bundled up too much. I had to remove my coat completely about 1/4 of the way up and kept it off until we got about 3/4 of the way up when the snow flurries began and the winds began to pick up. By the time we got to the peak, it was really snowing. This is a picture of my guide taking time on the peak to soak in the universe and enjoy the snow globe view of the valley. Thank you for the view, the history, the experience.

(click on picture to enlarge

I have found this climb and everything associated with it to be enlightening and exhilarating. Beauty and wonder abound on this hike.

The Virtual Vernon website gives the following information regarding our climb:
Hike time: 3 hours
Distance:7kms
Difficulty:Moderate
Gain:300m from Polson Park

No comments: