18 January 2010

Dear Texan Friends - CALL SOMEBODY!!!

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
As many of you know, I have moved to British Columbia. I, however, have not forgotten about all of my friends and family in Texas. I have not been posting political stories and have been focusing on art, massage and music. But the time has come to post about a couple of stories that need the attention and action of Texans now.

The first is a video news report from Houston, TX in which the Houston Police Department has been testing spy drones. Yes, just like in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

I find it intriguing that the Police feel it necessary to monitor and lie to the public. Please call Mayor Annise D. Parker at 713.837.0311 to let her know what you think of being monitored like a military enemy.



The other story that caught my eye is the El Paso Police Department is purchasing 1,145 AR-15s. You can read about it here. So we all have nothing to worry about if we are doing nothing wrong...Right?
I hope to be posting more about the wonders and beauty available to us all in the near future.

No comments: